Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm back.....for now anyway......

As-salaamu Alaykum. So much to say, so little time, masha-Allah. I've been busy as usual and for a while the server was giving me problems when trying to sign in and as the inconsistent blogger that I am that just made matters worst ;) But alhumdullilah, the boys are all doing well, masha-Allah.

I've been doing okay, too. I haven't really been socializing much, though. It seems as the days go on I become more and more secluded from the outside world. My trust is diminishing and at times I feel bad because I would rather stay home with my family than go to the pamper parties, or the masjid for class, or a wahlimah's, etc. Not because I don't like those type of things, I'm just really hesitant about being around other sisters even if they're Muslim. I used to love to meet new Muslim sisters and I still do just not as much. I ask Allah to soften my heart and to forgive me for not being trusting of my fellow Muslim sisters and to increase the sisterhood, AAMEEN. None of us are perfect and we all have issues and it's up to us to help each other achieve success in this life as well as the next. May Allah make us successful, AAMEEN.

On a higher note I've been enjoying my busy days in the house with my boys, there's not an uneventful moment, ever. Or at least that's what it seems like. Even at night when all is resting, just thinking about them makes me tired.

Smooches,
MuslimMommie

P.S. I miss you all, I really do. Ok, I'll admit, I can be a liitle lazy, but I'm working on it. Once again forgive me for leaving without notice. I'll try my best to stay afloat.

Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu 'anhu)narrated the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said ...........and piety is right here – and he pointed to his chest three times. It is enough evil for a person to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. The whole of a Muslim for another Muslim is sacred; his blood, his property and his honour.” (Muslim #2564)

6 comments:

Israa said...

As Salaamu Alaikum...

Yaaay cheesecake!!!( hey you say sweetie lol) you made a new post and this is my first comment on your blog.

I completely feel you about feeling uncomfortable around sisters at large events. I always feel out of place at these events mainly because of the cliqueyness(sp) of the sisters. Also some of these events just seem so insincere especially when it seems like the hosts only care about raising money. I have only been to a few of these events and before I ever knew how they were I assumed people had gatherings solely to bring the sisters together. I was completely suprised when I found out almost every event is all about buying and selling. A sister might see you every week and barely give you a smile or salaams but you'll get a personal invite to a gathering where she is selling platters. I understand that there are sisters who fall into financial hardships but I think that they type of events do nothing to bring us together.

But thats all for now cheesecake, I gotta get back to my intensive study of my take out menu. Choosing between a stomboli and a gyro has become the biggest decision of the day hehe.

Luv you
Israa

NiqaabiQueen said...

Hey, girl. Now you got me thinking. I've been wanting a srtomboli for a while but I don't know who makes the real good ones around here so I never order it, but I think i'ma go with my gut on this one and make dua and order, Seriously, I was just thinking about it before I came downstairs and got on the computer. I have like at least 25 menus to choose from.....hhhhmmmmmm, whick one will it be. Anyway, let me know where you order from maybe I'll try it sometimes.

Your so right about the whole gathering thing and the purpose is usually to raise money.....not just for the sake of sisters time and. They usually try to have some type of beneficial speech if not a handout or something, which is good alhumdullilah. Nevertheless the "cliqueyness" just takes away from the warm sisterly feeling that you look forward to when surrounded by each other.

On another note I was invited to a gathering where I only knew one sister who was going to be there and she was one of the sisters who was giving the gathering. Masha-Allah everything was free. We were allowed to get facials, pedicures, hair done and gift bags were given out as well. We played islamic games and more gifts were given out, masha-Allah. But my favorite part about it was the sisterhood that I had observed. I was the only one who didn't know anyone else there except for the sister who had invited me, but you couldn't tell the way that everyone mingled. We all laughed a and learned together. We were all different in our own way and managed to respect each other. When there came the time for some one to be advised the one who was given the advise used hickma and was kind and the sister recieving the advice was not offended. Subhan-Allah, it was beautiful, masha-Allah. I know we can still get together and have good times like this, we just have to be sincere with our intentions.
I don't mind spending money if I have it (lol), I just like to feel good when I'm surrounded by those I love, that's all. Right, Israa?

Ok that's enough about that, i'm hungry........hhhhmmmmmm, cheesecake sounds good. Yummy!

Safa said...

I miss socializing....here in Egypt I really live a more solitary life. It was never like that in Cda....there were always fundraising dinners, halaqah's....I always knew someone getting married.

I wonder if I went back to that life, if I'd ever be able to keep up with it......?

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahamtaullahi wa barakatuhu sister,

mash'Allah. Sometimes we all just need time to ourselves.

Safa said...

Come back and post!

Anonymous said...

Salaam Sis,

Time for new posts...