Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Its not his fault.....

You know, I/we have to be content & thankful for whatever Allah decrees, right..........so when i'm havin a moment within myself, maybe feelin a lil jealous, slightly insecure, whatever; i try to remind myself of this perfect deen of al-islam and it always helps. So lastnight, while I lay in bed awake, couldn't fall asleep quite yet, i looked over at the husband who was sleeping so peacefully; he kinda reminded me of a baby, u know how the preciousness of children is hightened for some reason while they're sleeping, but as soon as they wake up all their other "kiddy" qualities resurface, lol,..........sorry got off topic a lil, and so as i lay there gazing at him a profound but not so profound thought came to me "i cant be upset with you, its not your fault, after all this is how your Lord created you"..............and even tho i wasn't in any particular mood at that time, the thought just made me feel so much better about myself for some reason.....it was so weird because, i've known for a long time now about how Allah created men and about how He left no greater fitnah for the men than woman, etc.........but still and all my thoughts just lifted me up so much. For a long time I often wondered why it is that even tho i gave my marriage 100% in every aspect; it still wasn't good enough. Now i don't think along those lines as much only occasionally when the shaytan catches me in a weak moment but other than that Allah has trully increased my understanding of polygyny, men, woman, marriage and so much more, masha'Allah. And i'm just so thankful for that...........

5 comments:

Amatullah said...

I understand what you were feeling at that time Subhana Allah. I am feeling the very same thing right now. Polygyny is difficult for all parties involved but for me I know that I just want my heart to feel content and for the most part it does. May Allah increase you with a content and supportive heart.

~UmmAslam~ said...

May Allah give you peace of mind and continue to make dua for patiece. Alhumdulilah you have those quite moments to your self when you can sit and sorta re evaulate things and situations and able to see the good in them masha Allah .

NiqaabiQueen said...

alhumdullilah for these wonderful comments and reminders. May Allah make us bless us and our families with Jannah, aameen.

Yasmine said...

Assalamu Alaykum, I discovered you were a follower of my blog so I traced you. nice introspection and May allah (swt) give you patient and help you keep things in perspective. This life is temporary afterall Allah (swt) has created us they way he desired and knows us better than we know ourselves so we just got to accepts certain realities.

I am not sure if i am interpreting your post correctly (polygamy and you being in that situation) but thats what i thought.

PEACE :)

NiqaabiQueen said...

hey yasmine. naam what you have said is true and i tell myself this all the time :)