Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My husband's getting married........

Insha'Allah my husband will be getting married soon, alhumdullilah. I have mixed feelings about everything. Because I have been in polygyny before and haven't had the best experiences with it, I am a bit skeptical. Other than that I think this is a good thing for many reasons, (1) it is from the sunnah to have more than one wife (2) believe it or not when my husband has had other wives in the past and it increased his thankfulness and gratefulness for me, the wife he already had, having another wife helped him realize the things about me that he may have gotten used to and taken for granted, (3) because this sister is from a different country than me there is alot that we can learn from each other, her native language is arabic and mines is english, although I do kno some arabic I am far from being fluent in it, so i look forward to learning from her, not just arabic but many other things too, i also look forward to showing a few things as well, there are so many other benefits of having a co-wife that I could go on an on, but having said all this as a woman and being emotional and all that stuff I am still struggling with the thought of my husband marrying again. He's satdown with her over the comp. several time and has chatted with her father and he seems to be really pleased with her, masha'Allah. He plans to fly and to where she is in March, they will probably get married then. At this time I am feeling really intimidated and so many other emotions are going on inside that I can't even type straight, (smile). I just want things to be good for my family and I. I don't want to have these feelings of intimidation and anxiety and everything else. I try to act as normal as possible about everything because I kno it will make things easier on my husband and that way things won't be all awkward between him and I. Truth be told its hard to act like ur cool when u have a million things runnin through your mind. At times I wonder if she will take up all my husbands love, will he love her more than me, will he enjoy spending time with her more than I, will her dinners taste better than mine, will he miss me and think of me when he's gone, will he be thinkin of her while he's spending time with me, etc......the paranoia goes on and on. All I can do is make dua to Allah that he makes this transition easy for me and him and her too. I honestly believe that her is deservant of this and has been patient in finding another wife. He treats me like a queen, subhan'Allah! And so I just want to make the best of whatever Allah decrees for me and I want my husband and I and her too be happy, too. I will be ok, i kno I wil if I just keep the remembrance of Allah.

2 comments:

Faraha Hamidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faraha Hamidi said...

salam, u r a very strong woman. i rarely hear a woman (in my society)whose husband is marrying another speaks like u do. usually the words are wrapped with curses too.. lolz. but u've not uttered even a single one. i like ur spirit. which is very unusual from where i came from. take care.