Friday, December 8, 2006

Mousey

Okay, so me and youngest two sons are sitting at the table eating lunch when my 4year-old says, "Mommie, there's a mousey on the floor". He said it with such calmness, I was hoping that it was just a really huge dust ball that rolled from under something, like the refridgerator or stove. But to my amazement he was correct. I am very terrified of mice and I don't know why. I've always imagined one in the bed with me or in my jacket pocket and the thought absolutely terrifies me. Hence, which is why I have always had a cat.

Wal alhumdullilah, I don't know what I'd do with out my cat. I once was tested with the situation, though. My husband and I were staying at my mother-in-law's house. I was thankful for the shelter, but I think I lost my mind in the process of being thankful. It was when we were praying Fajr and out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. Keeping in mind that this is salaat and trying to keep my concentration I tried my hardest to keep cool. Fajr is only two rakats, but it seemed like ten that morning. The mouse (yes it was a mouse) would not go away. It kept running around as if we weren't there. But alhumdullilah he did not touch me and I was able to finish praying, with all kushoo out the window, subhan-Allah. That was the day that I called my abu and asked if he would take me to get a cat, in which he not only took me but also payed for the cat to get its proper shots.

Okay so that's all for right now; be back soon insha-Allah mouse free.

7 comments:

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Oh my! hehe.. this reminds me of my aunt, she can't stand mice.. I'm not sure if she is terrified or digusted by them..but they always seem to find her house,.. shame.

Insha'Allah I hope your little visitor doesn't stay too long.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

NiqaabiQueen said...

Alhumdullilah, he is gone. My husband put him outside for me. I am so relieved :D

Khala Aishah said...

Eeww! My mom had mice for a while too. This was when I was in college. I came home for a vacation and was sitting on my bed drinking cocoa watching TV with the lights out. I felt something moving moving next to me, but I figure the window pane was moving (old philadelphia houses). I looked again and something black was moving up the curtains next to my head, I totally freaked! The mouse jumped down and ran and I called my dad to pick me up. And that was only one of many mouse stories. Some ideas, plug up anywholes on the floors or around the radiators (if you have them) with steel whole. Put all dry foods in containers. The best place to put glue traps are in the doorways. The crack door open and put the trap in the openning. These traps are totally nasty, but they trick. Eeww!

NiqaabiQueen said...

Thanks so much sweetie, for the advice insha-Allah I won't have to do all that. Hopefully my trusty Tigger (my cat) will be on her job. ;)

Anonymous said...

tee hee that was a present from me and Safa from long ago.....

NiqaabiQueen said...

I definately thought of you guys ;)

Safa said...

even tho the mice are all gone....being winter in egypt and the windows and balconies are all tightly shut....sometimes at night...I open one eye....and expect to see a mouse looking at me.....u get rid of them, but they are never really gone.....LOLOL!!!!