Sunday, December 17, 2006

So Far, So Good

Masha-Allah, alhumdullilah. Everything is moving along smoothly while husband is away making Hajj. I do miss him though tremendously. I can only tell because I carry my cell every where I go even in the bed so just in case he calls or texts me I'm there to respond right away. I usually can never find my phone when I am in the house, but now I refuse to part with it.

The boys and I haven't been doing much just a few trips to and from the store for little things and that's about it. We did go visit my sister yesterday along with my Ummie. Insha-Allah I plan on taking them to the library 2morrow, they love the library, wal alhumdullilah. I also would like to go to the a museum, something interesting, educational and fun. I was thinking about having a sleepover for them and inviting a few of their companions over for a night of madness :O LOL. Boys can be very wild and crazy, trust me I know. Anyway I thought they would enjoy that. Anything halal and fun to keep them busy because their father is the one who usually wrestles and plays with them like they like it. I'm a little too fragile for that. Besides I am often exausted from the days work and would prefer to do peaceful, calming things together like read a book or do a puzzle or play tic-tac-toe, color etc. They like those type of activities as well but they love the roughness and excitement they get out of their father.

Maybe, just maybe I'll surprise them and pull out the the "daddy" suit and get wild and crazy a few nights a week, only for them ;)

9 comments:

Khala Aishah said...

As Salaamu Alaikum, yeah sometimes the Abi suite is needed, even with girls. Usually, I will "bonk" them with a super-market ball - with my only momentary height advantage (I expect by 8 bi ithnillah they will outgrow me, sad). Sounds like you are doing well, alhamdulillah. Hang in there. Love you lots for the sake of Allah.

Safa said...

Masha Allah, sounds like ur house is under control.....May Allah accept ur husbands Hajj, insha Allah, and that of all the muslims this year, ameen.

Aneesa Lewis said...

hey sis. alhamdulillah you are staying strong and holding down the fort while hubby is gone. may Allah accept his hajj and answer all his duaa (including the ones you asked him to make...;-)) Ameen.

NiqaabiQueen said...

AAMEEN :)

Arshad said...

Salam alaykum
Nice blog, keep up the good work

NiqaabiQueen said...

masha-Allah

Anonymous said...

Asalaamu alaikum,
I am glad you are back I guess I should get off of my LAZY a** and update my links huh? Yeah one of these days. I want to go to the museum....they have a childrens museum here...I can not wait to go and play...woo hoo...you should come visit and we will take all the kids and let them run around like a bunch of hooligans!!!!

NiqaabiQueen said...

I was thinking about taking the kids to the museum as well. Their having free family night tonight and I know the kids would like to go but I have been out already today and once I'm in it's highly unlikely that I go back out, unless it's an emergency. I guess you can say that i am lazy, too. Being in the house is sooo comforting, okay so maybe i don't get out enough i dunno :)

Khala Aishah said...

ha ha ha, I hear you. When you are used to being in the house going out turns into a major project. Going out twice in a day is a major feet for us. And when we do, total chaos.